Friday, June 8, 2012

Session 1

On May 22nd the leaders of WUD met in San Francisco. The session started with Dr. Neil Koenig. In this time we investigated the "in's and out's" of being a strong, stable leader. This was also the first time we met our fellow classmates. After a while, we broke into groups to discuss leadership and make formal introductions. That evening we met John and Martha Vlahos at the North Beach Restaurant in North Beach. John has been a representative of the dairy industry for many years. We are all, as dairyman, indebted to his service.

Day two started at the CMAB office for media training. It was a long learning curve for me. This is foreign to me. I now have a better understanding of the "do's" and "don't s" of being in front of a camera. Now I know what it takes to take part in a successful interview.  The plans for that evening were a San Francisco bay cruise. A fun activity, other than my battle with sea sickness, that could enable us to let loose a little bit.

Overall I feel I learned a lot about many different things, things that are very valuable to know. It was very important for me to get out of my comfort zone and now I have much more knowledgeable about interviews. I can utilize this information when interviewing employees on my own dairy, and becoming a stronger leader.

David DeWit



No comments:

Post a Comment